Scene Graph applications can control the flow of screen elements in the following ways:
- by responding to user remote control key press events
- by responding to changes in data, including data that configures the screen elements
- by changing the z-order of screen elements
- by changing the parent-child relationships of screen elements
- by creating and deleting screen elements
Many of the more complex Scene Graph node classes are designed to automatically respond to remote control key press events, and configure themselves in response to data changes.