The roSystemLog component enables the application to receive events from the Roku Streaming Player that are intended for reporting errors and trends, rather than trigger a response to a user action.
Table of Contents
The roSystemLog component requires specific Design Patterns in your BrightScript Application. Take care to:
- Use one roMessagePort throughout the application (instead of creating a new roMessagePort for each screen)
- Create one roSystemLog instance at startup that remains for the entire lifetime of the application.
- Pass the global roMessagePort referenced in the first bullet point to SetMessagePort() on the roSystemLog component.
- Enable the desired log types using EnableType()
- Handle the roSystemLogEvents in all message loops.
All of the log event messages are sent to the roMessagePort that is registered on the roSystemLog object. See roSystemLogEvent for details on the messages.
This object is created with no parameters: